Document OCR feature extracts data from ID documents to pre-populates sections of Client Profile.
1. Please read following disclosures before use
- Optical Character Recognition is not an 'exact science'.
- It utilises technology to assist in data extraction, however it can often extract incorrect data.
- OCR assists you in verifying ID documents and reduces manual data entry.
- Over time, we can improve quality of extracts by utilising machine learning technology.
- However, all extracts need to be checked before imported in the CRM.
2. How to extract data using OCR functionality?
- Upload client ID documents. This can be done in Deal view, via iOS app or by clients using Client Portal document upload.
- Go to Client Profile/Personal details tab and scroll to the Identification section
- Click on relevant 'OCR DOCUMENT' button and select a document that relates to the contact. Documents with 'passport', 'licence' and 'medicare' in its name will display at the top of the list.
- Position image using following option and extract data:
- Zoom image
- Rotate image if required
- Use mouse pointer to move image in the window
- Resize the window to position image exactly in the window
- Click OCR button
- Check the extracted data for accuracy (accuracy depends on image quality and its positioning in the window). Click 'SAVE' to move information to Client Profile.
- Extracted information will populate passport details and if none currently present, client avatar (picture) will show in their profile as well.