Access Referrals is a feature that enables a deal to be sent from one Salestrekker to another. This is useful when client data is sent to another broker/service to provide specialist advice, such as: asset and commercial finance; insurance brokers; conveyancing, etc.
A. Key items to consider
- Basic deal data and client profile are transferred to the inbound organisation;
- Broker tools data and documents are not transferred using this feature;
- Feature can work with Diversification tools, where these exist (currently Home Loan workflow only);
- Deal owner in new organisation will be either the original (outbound) owner (if exists in the inbound organisation) OR the owner of the inbound workflow;
- It is critical that outbound organisation has a sufficient client disclosures included in their privacy document;
- Once deal is sent, to the inbound process is not reversible.
B. Setting up Access Referrals
1. Set up inbound Access Referral
Go to Settings > Access referrals tab and click to 'Add New' button and select 'Inbound - receive referrals' from the dropdown:
In the dialog screen, Add the Referral name (1), Select which workflow (2) and in which stage (3) will the deal appear in.
The outbound organisation will require Referral URL (4) and Referral key (5) to be able to set up their end.
Completed dialog screen looks like this:
To send Referral URL and Referral key to the outbound organsiation, click on Email icon (recommended, 6) or copy (7) and paste to an email or text pad.
Email window will require email address (8) and name (9) of the admin user in the outbound organisation. Click 'Send' (10) to complete the set up in the inbound organisation.
2. Set up outbound Access Referral
Go to Settings > Access referrals tab and click to 'Add New' button and select 'Outbound - receive referrals' from the dropdown:
In the dialog screen add referral name (11), select workflow from where the referrals will go (12) and add diversification feature that corresponds with this referral (13).
Once received from the inbound organisation, add Referral URL (14) and Referral key (15).
Example email with Referral URL and Referral key:
Completely filled Outbound referral screen:
C. Using Access Referrals
Once in deal view, users in outbound organisation can simply click on Access icon (16) and select referral option (17) and click on proceed on the next screen (18) to refer that deal to the inbound organisation:
If set up, Access Referral is available in Diversification tools as well. Select Diversification feature that was set up and refer deal to the in bound organisation:
Once referral is sent a note will be recorded in deal and contact view in outbound organisation and on a deal view on inbound organisation.
Deal owner in inbound organisation will be either the original deal owner from outbound organisation (if they exist in the inbound organisation as a user) or Workflow owner in the inbound organisation.
Workflow owner (19) can be found in Settings > Workflows; then click on the inbound workflow:
See a demo of Access Referral feature in this short video: