Client Portal is used to collect data and documents from clients and to enable a simple platform to communicate with clients during their application process.
Client is invited to the portal form the 'Deal View' screen. Simply click on 'Share deal on Client Portal' button located in top right green buttons, above deal details.
Client will receive an email invite and a SMS with 6-digit passcode. Client Portal works well in Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge and Opera browsers.
Deal owner will receive an email notifying them of PIN number that can be shared with the client in case they don't receive the PIN code via SMS.
To un-invite client, simply click on the sidebar button again and confirm revocation in the dialog screen.
If there is more than one applicant, you should always send invitation to only one of them, and the applicants can enter the data together.
Also note that if a client is added as Company, only basic (personal) info can be filled in - there will be no option for completing full client portal.
Client Portal invitation troubleshooting
In order for your client portal invitation to work, there are a couple of conditions to be met:
- Client's e-mail and mobile phone number must be entered correctly
- Your SMS must be setup in Salestrekker 'Connect' section
- You need to make sure that you have available SMS credits
- Privacy disclosure document link needs to be added in the settings
- You cannot share portal with yourself (needs to be a different phone number)
If client doesn't receive either e-mail or SMS first thing to do is to check point 1.
If everything is ok, check point 2 using following steps:
Go to 'Settings', on your left hand side scroll down until you see tab 'Connect'. Click on "Connect' and make sure your settings look as in picture below:
The last thing to check is if you have SMS credits available. You can check that by going to 'Settings' and on your left hand side scroll down until you see tab 'Billing Details'. Click on that tab and you will see how many SMS you have available. On this tab also, you will be able to purchase additional SMS credits.
If you are testing Client Portal using your own e-mail and mobile phone, it will not work, as telecoms do not allow users to send SMS to themselves. When deal has same number as sender and receiver Client Portal SMS pin authentication code doesn't get delivered.
How to test Client Portal and have everything working?
- Add another phone number to client that you have access to (example: office mobile, colleague, spouse etc). That way you will be able to receive SMS and enter it in browser when needed.
- Change deal owner from yourself to someone else - team member or Salestrekker support staff (to have this option you would probably need to assign them to a workflow where deal is located).
Watch our Client Portal demo on this video: